Send messages that encourage customers to come back to your store when they add items to their shopping cart but don’t complete a purchase.
Online shoppers have interruptions just like everyone else. Studies show that up to 68% of your website visitors abandon their shopping carts. Now, you can trigger personalized email messages that remind your customers to come back and complete a transaction in your store. Choose a time delay before an email sends, personalize the content, and create rules for specific products.
- Capture any email address at checkout
- Automatically inject cart details
- Create a series of drip messages or one-time reminders
Decide when messages trigger with our advanced rule settings for abandoned cart workflows. Send out emails when specific products are left, trigger for new customers only, and control how often messages are sent out. Arrive in your customer’s inbox under any advanced scenario you want to create.
- Trigger only when certain products are abandoned
- Send emails for carts that are at or below specific amounts
- Only send messages within specified time frames
- Multiple “drip” emails are supported and can be used to prompt buyers to purchase if they don’t convert from previously triggered abandoned cart messages.
- You may create as many drip rules as necessary. Each rule functions independently of each other. For example, if you have three rules created it follows the specific logic inside each rule i.e. 1 day, 3 days, 5-day triggers, etc.
- If a customer converts from a drip message, our system automatically flushes out any remaining messages that are scheduled to send later. For example, if a customer buys from the second drip in a series of three, the third message will be removed from the pending email queue.
- 2.Click the Add New button in the bottom left corner
- 3.Select Add Message
- 4.Select Automatic
- 5.Select Transactional
- 6.Choose Abandoned Cart
- 7.In step one, assign a name for your abandoned cart, set the sending filter and send after time
- 8.Add any optional advanced settings in step two
- 9.In step three of the wizard, edit the name, email and subject customers will see when the message arrives
- 10.Choose a starter template to use, or add content using the email editor
- 11.Confirm your settings in step four of the wizard
- 12.Activate and finish the messaging setup
- Sending Filter - send to all customers or send to a specific email address
- Send After - When a cart it is abandoned, choose a delay time on when to send a message to the customer. You may choose any number of minutes, days, or weeks. Please note, the maximum delay time for abandoned carts is 8 weeks.
- Order Count Is - Trigger a message if a customer has an order count according to the selected count.
- Limit Products Visible - By default, all products that were purchased are shown in the email message; if you would like to set a maximum number of products to be displayed, enable this option.
- Price Trigger - When enabled, trigger messages based on if an order is greater than or less than a specific price level.
- Product Filter - If you require certain products to be in a cart before a rule is triggered, add the product codes in the text area. If you have a product filter set and a general abandoned cart rule configured, the most specific rule will fire when there is a match.
- Blacklist - Enter individual email(s) or domains that you would like to prevent this workflow rule from sending to. For domain blocks, use asterisks before the domain name e.g.
- Usage Limits - When activated, this setting will limit the number of emails that are sent to a customer email address. This feature does not impact other messaging workflows of its type and is only specific to the rule being created.
- Don't Repeat - Only send one abandoned cart workflow message within this time duration.
The overview dashboard will show all-time historical stats for the workflow, no matter if rules have been deleted.
- Messages pending – count for pending e-mails that are scheduled to be sent
- Messages sent – count for sent messages
- Opens – number of times messages have been opened
- Clicks – number of times messages have been clicked
- Conversions – number of conversions resulting from this type of workflow
- Revenue – total sales attributed to this type of workflow
- Activity chart – weekly view of sent messages
The logs area of this workflow will display log events between specific date ranges.
- Live carts – displays active carts on the store in real-time. If a user’s email is captured and doesn’t make a purchase, they will be moved into the ‘Pending’ queue ten minutes later.
- Pending – shows messages that validated based on rule criteria and are scheduled to be sent.
- Sent – shows information about messages that have been sent as a result of an abandoned cart.
- Conversions – displays relevant conversions as a result of a workflow message triggering.
- Blocked - listing of email addresses that did not qualify for defined rule criteria.
- Abandoned carts are captured in real-time for any email address
- Rules will trigger for current customers or non-customers
- If you are using a Volusion template, we do not use email addresses stored in their abandoned cart system.
- We only capture abandoned carts when a user enters an email but don’t complete a checkout
- “Live carts” are collected in real-time in your logs area. If a customer doesn’t complete a transaction within 10 minutes of adding their email address at checkout, it will move to the “Pending” queue.
- If you have two abandoned cart rules that have the exact same settings, the rule that was created last will trigger
- If you have a product filter set and a general abandoned cart rule configured, the most specific rule will fire when there is a match
- When abandoned cart functionality is activated, it may take up to 48 hours before information starts being collected from your store
- If you send a test message during workflow editing, the checkout button will not link back to an abandoned cart. The test message is only designed to give a visual example of what the abandoned cart email will look like.
- Abandoned carts are supported for BigCommerce, Shopify, Volusion, and WooCommerce. 3dCart is not supported.
- Abandoned carts will not trigger for stores that do not have SKU’s loaded for products.
- For Volusion stores, if a customer abandons their cart on one device and tries to checkout on another, the cart will not contain any contents.
- For example, let’s suppose your customer uses their desktop computer to checkout initially and then abandons. If a workflow rule triggers an abandoned cart notification a few hours later, and they subsequently open it on their iPad, their click-through will not show any cart contents.
- The only time cart contents will load for Volusion stores is when the user abandons and clicks through on the same device.
- Shopify and WooCommerce will show cart contents no matter where the user clicks through on an abandoned cart email.