Smart Coupons give you the control you need to trigger messages with the logic that stays in line with your business goals.
Smart Coupons give you the control you need to trigger messages at the right time with the logic that stays in line with your business goals. With this new tool, you can automatically generate unique codes for all kinds of situations. For example, offer free shipping on products purchased or provide a discount when a customer buys something that exceeds a certain amount. Also, you can send messages to a segment of customers, set usage limits, and start/end dates for when coupon codes are valid.
Each code generated through our Smart Coupons workflow is unique. From a marketing perspective, this is especially powerful because you’ll be able to dial in precisely who needs to receive the coupon. Maybe reward your best customers, run flash sales, or promote the incentive to purchase complementary products. Not to mention with Smart Coupons, you’ll guard against outdated coupon situations that could cause a negative business impact.
- 2.Click the Add New in the bottom left corner
- 3.Select Add Message
- 4.Select Automatic
- 5.Select Marketing
- 6.Choose Smart Coupons
- 7.In step one, toggle desired settings
- 8.In step two, identify the main setup for the coupon
- Type - apply a fixed amount or percentage discount
- Applies to - apply the discount to the entire order or only specific products
- Customer Eligibility - choose which customers are eligible to receive the Smart Coupon (messages will only go out to customers that have subscribed to your mailing list)
- Usage Limits - how many times can a Smart Coupon be used
- Amount - what total amount or percentage to deduct from the total of the order
- Start Date - when the Smart Coupon is valid
- End Date (optional) - when the Smart Coupon expires
- 9.In step three, toggle any desired settings to give you additional control on when the coupon and email are sent
- 10.In step four, add the name, email and subject customers will see when the message arrives
- 11.Select a starter template to use, or add content using the email editor
- 12.In step five, confirm settings and activate
The overview dashboard will show all-time historical stats for the workflow, no matter if rules have been deleted.
- Messages pending – count for pending e-mails that are scheduled to be sent
- Messages sent – count for sent messages
- Opens – number of times messages have been opened
- Clicks – number of times messages have been clicked
- Conversions – number of conversions resulting from this type of workflow
- Revenue – total sales attributed to this type of workflow
- Activity chart – weekly view of sent messages
- Workflow name – the “friendly name” for your workflow, customers will not see this
- Order status – select the order status when the rule will fire
- Products – Identify any or all SKU’s that will trigger a rule
- Send after – time delay before a message is sent
The logs area of this workflow will display log events between specific date ranges.
- Pending – shows messages that validated based on rule criteria and are scheduled to be sent.
- Sent – shows information about messages that have been sent as a result of meeting rule criteria.
- Conversions – displays relevant conversions as a result of a workflow message triggering.
- Blocked - listing of email addresses that did not qualify for defined rule criteria.
- All shopping carts are supported by this messaging workflow except for Volusion.